How about an evening out with the lads – beer, pub meal and some interesting chat?
St. John’s church has a well established fellowship for all church members and friends. Part of the men’s fellowship is an informal group which we call Mainly for Men. Lady guests are also welcome at our three Mainly for Everyone events.
The Mainly for Men team at St. John’s would like you to join us at our next event.
M4M normally meets in the Church Hall at 7pm on the second Tuesday of each month. The hall has catering facilities and the format is usually a selection of curries or sweet & sour with rice served at 7.30pm, followed by an interactive talk on a variety of subjects. As well as guest speakers, we are fortunate to have members with a wide range of experiences in sport, travel, industry and other topics.
Details of events are posted in church and on this web site or you can contact us us to find out more.
Events in 2019:
- Jan – An Uzbekistan Experience (Mainly4Everyone ticket event)
- Feb – Older Drivers!
- Mar – Falklands War – my part in the victory
- Apr – Chaos and Fractals
- May – Secrets of the Solent
- Jun – Greenwich – A History
- Jul – Captain Cook and his fellow travelers
- Aug – no meeting
- Sep – Life Progressed – but Differently (Mainly4Everyone ticket event)
- Oct – Walking the Kennet & Avon Canal Towpath
- Nov – Films from the Archives
- Dec – Curry and Carols (Mainly4Everyone ticket event)
November: The Wessex Film and Sound Archive website, with further links to content is here. For the catalogue, click here (NB best to use the Advanced Search facility and narrow the search by format).
Events in 2020:
- Jan – Desert Island Discs Interview (Mainly4Everyone ticket event)
- Feb – Docks, Ships & Trains
- Mar – Memories of Naval Service
- Watch this space!
- Dec 19th – Curry and Carols (Mainly4Everyone ticket event)
We do hope that you can join us as new members are always welcome whether or not you regularly attend at St. John’s church. Please use the sign up sheet in the church or send us an email to M4M@sjlh.org.uk so that we can gauge numbers for catering.