How about an evening out with the lads – beer, curry and some interesting chat?
St. John’s church has a well established fellowship for all church members and friends. Part of the men’s fellowship is an informal group which we call Mainly for Men.
The Mainly for Men team at St. John’s would like you to join us at our next event.
M4M normally meets in the Church Hall at 7pm on the second Tuesday of each month. The hall has catering facilities and the format is usually a selection of curries with rice served at 7.30pm, followed by an interactive talk on a variety of subjects. As well as guest speakers, we are fortunate to have members with a wide range of experiences in sport, travel, industry and other topics.
In November 2014 Linvoy Primus spoke to us about his time in football and afterwards. Click here to see his interesting and engaging talk “Faith and Football” in our video library.
Details of events are posted in church and on this web site or you can contact us us to find out more.
Events in 2017:
- Jan – Serious Crime Operation – Saturday 29th Breakfast
- Feb – Prostate Health
- Mar – Bulldozing into retirement, a tricky construction project
- Apr – More Numbers, Statistics and the Economy
- May – “Eat Me” – the body grotesque, beautiful and delicious
- Jun – Australian Royal Flying Doctor Service
- Jul – The latest at the Mary Rose Museum
- Check the church calendar for more details of events.
Events held in 2016:
- Jan – Gosport Wildlife
- Feb – Colin Chambers, Chaplain to Nelson Mandela
- Mar – Isambard Kingdom Brunel, Master Engineer
- Apr – Antarctica and South Georgia
- May – The Function of Satellites
- Jun – NHS iTalk Service
- Sep – Stop the Traffic Charity Event
- Oct – Court in the Act
- Nov – Pub Night at the Sir Joseph Paxton with quiz
- Dec – Curry and Carols
We do hope that you can join us as new members are always welcome whether or not you regularly attend at St. John’s church. Please use the sign up sheet in the church or send us an email so that we can gauge numbers for catering.