How about an evening out with the lads – beer, curry and some interesting chat?
St. John’s church has a well established fellowship for all church members and friends. Part of the men’s fellowship is an informal group which we call Mainly for Men.
The Mainly for Men team at St. John’s would like you to join us at our next event.
M4M normally meets in the Church Hall at 7pm on the second Tuesday of each month. The hall has catering facilities and the format is usually a selection of curries with rice served at 7.30pm, followed by an interactive talk on a variety of subjects. As well as guest speakers, we are fortunate to have members with a wide range of experiences in sport, travel, industry and other topics.
Details of events are posted in church and on this web site or you can contact us us to find out more.
Events in 2018:
- Jan – Operation Tadpole – Buster Crabb exploits
- Feb – Bee Keeping and Husbandry
- Mar – ONS Data, Statistics and Artificial Intelligence
- Apr – The Trussel Trust Charity
- May – Bletchley Park
- Jun – The Secret of Eternal Youth
- Jul – Oh Canada!
- Sep – Walking the Camino (Mainly4Everyone event)
- Oct – Humans and Computers
- Nov – Cosmology – What’s That?
- Dec – Curry and Carols
Events in 2019:
- Watch this space!
We do hope that you can join us as new members are always welcome whether or not you regularly attend at St. John’s church. Please use the sign up sheet in the church or send us an email so that we can gauge numbers for catering.