St. John’s Church has been the Parish Church of Locks Heath for over 120 years. The foundation stone was laid on 4th June 1894.
It is one of the oldest buildings in Locks Heath and is still well used. It is home to a friendly and lively church of all ages and backgrounds.
The vicars at St. John’s over the years…..1893-1908 Rev T A M Shepherd 1908-1915 Rev B R R Neville 1915-1931 Rev J C Robinson 1931-1946 Rev H K Molliet 1946-1954 Rev F Aker 1956-1967 Rev E E Curtis 1967-1974 Rev B L H Carpenter 1975 Rev D Nicholls 1976-1982 Rev N Chatfield 1983-1997 Rev R J S Evens 1997-2007 Rev P Ingrams 2008-2015 Rev C E Sugden 2016 – present Rev G R Foster
A record of notable events in the church’s history….1886-1944 1946-present The legacy of Edie Grove
Finding Faith for all sorts of info about what it means to be a Christian
Life events baptisms, confirmation, weddings and funerals