• 1886 – A tea and concert committee raise £150 to build a Mission Hall in Locks Heath.
  • 1887 – Revd. Mills Robbins is in charge under the Vicar of Hook with Warsash.
  • February 1893 – Locks Heath created as an Ecclesiastical District.
  • 1 June 1893 – T A M Archer Sheppard licenced as first minister. Services held in Mission Hall.
  • 24 June 1894 – Foundation stone laid by Augusta Bradshaw whose niece Mrs Hornby left the money for the church to be built and endowed the church with £150 per annum.
  • 17 August 1895 – Church consecrated by Dr Awdry, Bishop of Southampton.
  • 17 May 1908 – Revd. Archer-Sheppard collapses and dies in the vestry whilst robing for the evening service.
  • 27 October 1908 – The Archdeacon of Winchester inducts Revd. Brent Neville.
  • April 1909 – Confirmation service attracts congregation of 500 to hear Bishop of Southampton preach.
  • July 1909 – Two day fete held to raise funds for decoration, ventilation and lighting of church. A total of £125 was raised.
  • 1910 – Church painted and decorated internally in two colours, terracotta and light green, with ventilators in roof added.
  • Lent 1911 – Attendance of 400 average recorded for Lantern services on Thursday evenings.
  • 23 January 1912 – A Church Army Van Mission is held from 23 Jan to 8 Feb and reports well attended nightly meetings.
  • October 1913 – Revd. Brent Neville has to retire on medical advice.
  • 26 April 1915 – Revd. J C Robinson is inducted.
  • 1 January 1916 – A newly formed Parochial Church Council meets for the first time and agrees to form a Poor Fund Committee.
  • May 1918 – A scheme for a Parish Room, subsequently named Memorial Hall, is embarked upon.
  • 30 March 1921 – A report from a Choir meeting is received by the PCC and considered to be “irregular and offensive”. A subsequent Vote of Confidence in the Vicar is proposed and passed.
  • 14 February 1922 – Memorial Hall opens.
  • 15 January 1924 – PCC report that for the first time it is impossible to pay any of the quota for the year due to the state of the finances.
  • 11 October 1924 – Consecration of new cemetery by Bishop of Southampton.
  • 1926 – Church roof is damaged by fall of big tree.
  • March 1930 – Electric light installed in church and Memorial Hall.
  • January 1931 – PCC agree to provide water supply and electric light to the Vicarage.
  • 14 April 1931 – Choirboys are paid for the first time – one-penny for each practice.
  • 25 February 1931 – Revd. Robinson retires, and Revd. B Moilliet is inducted as vicar.
  • May 1932 – Considerable expenditure on Church school agreed – repairs to roof and playground.
  • July 1938 – A piece of Norman masonry (c. 1100 AD) from St. Peter’s Titchfield is fixed to the North Wall.
  • July 1941 – Church sets up a jam-making centre, makes about a ton for the Ministry of Food, which was subsequently not collected and had to be thrown away.
  • December 1943 – Church delights in thriving youth club with 75 members.
  • February 1944 – Joint proposal from St. Johns and Congregational churches to approach Fareham Council to make Locks Heath into a separate ward.
  • 3 September 1944 – 50th anniversary of church foundation celebrated with a Garden Party and re-enactment of scenes from preceding years. Revd. Moilliet pays tribute to “benefactors of this church who gave services of a personal rather than material sort: Charlotte Hornby, Augusta Bradshaw, Henry Bradshaw, Gladys Paget, Caroline Archer Shepherd, Thomas Shepherd, J C Robinson, Jyoti Nand, William Green, Emily Horsfall and Wilfred Rapley”.